3 minutes reading time
"Squeezing The Juice; Part 1" with Alan Weinreb
In this episode of The BOLO Podcast, we are interviewing our newcomer Alan Weinreb, with Marc and Tamrin stepping in as co-hosts for Mike, who was busy getting "cray cray" on vacation. Team Fit For Duty,is currently helping Alan make some lifestyle changes and getting him on track with a fitness and nutrition plan personalized for him to meet his goals.
- Alan started his fitness and nutrition plan this week and already has more energy with the changes that he's made in even a short period of time.
- CrossFit can help you out in the field as a law enforcement officer.
- Positive encouragement and having someone hold you accountable and check up on you helps to keep you on track.
- The program Marc was involved with when he started doing CrossFit has cardio enveloped within it, so he wasn't just doing stand alone cardio.
- The word "diet" is associated with only being temporary. If you start to adapt a lifestyle change instead of a "diet", it helps you maintain your body goals and isn't just a specified amount of time.
- Marc owned a CrossFit gym and instructed on nutrition plans and helping people make better choices and adapt that "lifestyle change" and helping them be fit for life.
- If you have certain Alan is currently doing the paleo plan. The paleo diet is a diet based on the types of foods presumed to have been eaten by early humans, consisting chiefly of meat, fish, vegetables, and fruit, and excluding dairy or grain products and processed food.
- Start slow by removing processed foods, soda, sugars and increasing your water intake and eating more fresh foods.
- By doing so you'll feel better, have increased energy and are ultimately going to get results.
- Everybody is different and cookie cutter plans aren't for everyone or everybody type, that is why it is important to have a personalized plan to custom fit your needs.
- If you want a healthier option for a salty snack try pistachios or nuts ,but in moderation.
- Try to drink a gallon of water a day, a hydro-flask is helpful. If you're craving carbonation, try carbonated or sparkling water.
- When craving something sweet try flavored water, you'll satisfy the craving and you're hydrating at the same time.
- Alan has always fluctuated with his weight, when he found old pictures of himself in the police academy, when he was in really good shape and decided he needed to do something about it for himself and because of the physicality of the law enforcement profession.
- Remember that you're not competing against anybody, but yourself.
- For listeners making lifestyle changes: Use a previous version of yourself as your motivation.
- The need to be fit for duty, and be able to perform to your greatest potential.
- You have to want it!!! Have a NO EXCUSES mentality. Invest in yourself.
- You can save money by being healthier.
- Focus on the positive and how your mood improves with being healthier and active.
- *Look for our upcoming segments "Squeezing the Juice" and follow Alan's progress and workouts he's doing!
- For our listeners, you can tag us in your own video's and share with us you doing our weekly or monthly workouts!!!
Download The BOLO Podcast App
Leave Us A Rating/Review
We would love it if you would go into your podcast app, scroll down to under the Ratings & Reviews, and tap on "Write A Review." Thank you in advance!