In this episode of The BOLO Podcast, Mike is interviewing Legends (Lingerie) Football League running back, Astrid Cruz. Astrid hits the weights hard in the gym, can take a hit on the football field, and is ready to tackle the police academy in Florida starting in June.
Mike covers this weeks law enforcement news; from politicians who stand for pedophilia and incest, questionable discipline for an officer, and the level of insensitivity and disrespect the media goes to get 'the story.'
All of this and more on this weeks episode!
- If you are going into business with a partner, reach out to Mike or Tamrin about what to consider.
- Nathan Larson in Virginia, an accountant, is running for Congress and he believes that it is okay to have sex with children and stands for lifting incest bans for personal freedom.
- In Florida, a man intentionally ran into Officer Vanessa Franchesky's patrol car sending the car forward. She hopped in her car in pursuit of the man who fled. Using a pursuit tactic, she was able to stop him by pinning his vehicle between a guardrail and another vehicle. She was disciplined by her department for improper driving tactics.
- Being an officer, administrators and the patrol officer's side of the story and how to handle protocol has to be taken into consideration.
- In Loboc, Texas, people were pelleting people in a water balloon fight who weren't playing. Authorities were called by several people complaining. The people shooting water guns and throwing water balloons took their aim to the officer who arrived on site. She fell and slid through the mud.
- An officer was killed in the line of duty. During a press release, the reporting officer asked for respect for the officer's to have time to grieve before answering insensitive questions about the murder.
- Mike suggests doing a slow cook method when cooking your burger and throws some mustard on the bottom of the burger, coated in olive oil and spices, pull off the grill around 145 degrees.
Summary of Interview with Astrid Cruz:
- Astrid Cruz is 26 years old from the Bronx, NY.
- Astrid has relocated to Fort Lauderdale, Florida to take on the police academy.
- Astrid played for the Legends Football League, formerly known as the Lingerie Football League. She started with a New England team and then went to a team in Pittsburg.
- She claims the woman in the league is relentless.
- Astrid was a running back. She would go into the game knowing she was going to take some hard hits.
- The woman play with a hockey helmet, flimsy shoulder pads, and whatever other gear you buy from your local sporting good stores.
- The women in the league, because of the uniform, face a lot of positive and negative feedback.
- The range of woman competing in the sport come from a variety of personal professions such as lawyers, accountants, and teachers.
- The crowd loves when their home team wins, and the MVP takes a beer, chugs it, and throws it in the crowd.
- Astrid hasn't faced severe injury but did have an incident where she inflicted harm on another player, and the medic had to come to her aid.
- Astrid sees herself playing again, but she wants to focus on her career in law enforcement and be smart about an injury that could happen while playing.
- The uniforms for the league have changed from bikini bottoms to leggings.
- Astrid is two weeks away from starting the academy.
- To train, she is doing a lot of calisthenics and is staying away from the weights.
- She follows a ketogenic diet.
- For her post workout shake, she mixed chocolate flavored bone broth collagen protein mixed with MCT oil and almond milk.
- Astrid decided to do keto in preparation for the academy and in doing research she found that keto allows you to be more cognitive and focus.
- People often choose keto if they are overweight, have cancer, or want to improve brain function.
- She started intermittent fasting in October 2017 and has been on and off keto since January 2018.
- Astrid has been lifting light to moderate weight. Keto has helped her with longevity, especially during cardio.
- Astrid has noticed her body toning up, is more vascular since starting keto.
- Astrid carb loads once a week and her veins pop out more. The following day she has the stamina to train all day.
- Astrid is a GCode Nutrition athlete out of New Jersey.
- The Academy she is attending is approximately five months.
You can follow Astrid Cruz on Instagram @astridcruzrb
Official Sponsor of The BOLO Podcast; KeyStone Uniforms is located in Riverside, Santa Ana, and Long Beach, California. Follow them on Instagram @keystoneuniforms.
Pedophile can run for office in Virginia, thanks to McAuliffe decision restoring felons' rights | Fox News
Download The BOLO Podcast App
Leave Us A Rating/Review
We would love it if you would go into your podcast app, scroll down to under the Ratings & Reviews, and tap on "Write A Review." Thank you in advance!