4 minutes reading time
"WTF Sprinkled w/ Nutrition" with Mike and Tamrin
In this episode of The BOLO Podcast, Tamrin and Mike are discussing some of Mike's favorite things for his birthday! The hosts share what alterations they make when ordering their food to stay on track with nutrition plans, but not feel deprived. Mike explains the extended intermittent fasting he's doing to reset/fuel fat loss and how he's had to alter his workouts since injuring his shoulder.
Between shootings, and people recording on their phones instead of helping or calling for assistance has left us thinking, "WTF?" in this weeks law enforcement news.
Summary of Hot Topics with Tamrin and Mike:
- Mike's wife found him a sugar-free barbeque sauce with only 2g of carbs.
- Since Mike's shoulder injury he hasn't been able to do his usual walks, so he started going on walks.
- Mike downloaded a Thomas Delauer book about intermittent fasting.
- He learned a keto water tip where you add cream of tartar and Himalayan sea salt. It accelerates your fat loss and time of repair.
- Do not drink branch chain amino acids while you're fasting.
- Drinking green tea and black coffee throughout the day and while you're fasting accelerate fat burning and curbs appetite.
- Mike is doing an extended fast for 24 hours. Experts suggest doing the extended fast periodically to reset and accelerate fat loss.
- Mike is down 6lbs. this week by following his diet and fasting with light walking for 45 minutes a day.
- Carb manager can sink to your Fitbit.
- If you are looking into doing Keto get a box of Carb Quick, you can use it as a substitute to make biscuits.
- Mike and his wife are both noticing changes and weight loss by following the keto diet.
- KeyStone uniforms can make alterations to your uniform to fit your body type.
- Most people's problem with nutrition while following a diet is; their either overeating or undereating.
- When you eat healthier foods, they are more filling. You need to finish your meal to attain all of the nutrients to fuel your body.
- Fatigue and headaches are a part of the struggle of your body adjusting to healthier foods and cutting out junk, carbs, and sugar.
- Adding a little salt in your water can help with the headaches from the change.
- Everybody's body is different, and it depends on how your body reacts to carbs to determine how many grams you should be consuming.
- People feel like they're in prison and can't go out to eat or go to parties when following your program. It doesn't have to be so restrictive, and there are plenty of foods you can find that suit your nutrition plan.
- Do your homework before going to a restaurant. If it doesn't fit in your meal plan, don't even have them put it on your plate.
- Sauces generally have a lot of sugar.
- You can find sugar free sauces and pre-pack them or order take out and put them on when you get home.
- Everyone in Tamrin's summer challenge is doing well and feeling good!
- Blue Lives Matter stays on top of their game to get out law enforcement news.
- A man attacked an officer and was reaching for the cop's gun while people stood around filming on their phones in Oxnard, CA. The suspect had several warrants out for his arrest, and when the officer tried to detain him, they were in a ground fight for 2 minutes.
- WAKE UP CALL OFFICERS!!! You have to train to ensure your safety while on duty. Find something that you enjoy doing like CrossFit, Jiu-Jitzu, etc.
- If you want to start a meal plan on your own: Find out your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) Find out how much your body is expending and how many calories your body needs to function. The calculator will ask for your height, weight, gender, level of activity daily, exercise, and body fat. Enter in your numbers, and it will give you the caloric index your body needs.
- If you are trying to lose weight; take 20% of those calories away to put your body into a deficit and start fat burning.
- If you are trying to bulk or add weight increase by 10% and your body will run at a surplus.
- There are free resources out there.
- If you have any questions, reach out to any of the team members of Team Fit For Duty.
KeyStone Uniforms in Riverside, Santa Ana, and Long Beach is the official sponsor of The BOLO Podcast. Follow them on Instagram @keystoneuniforms. They are offering 15% off (all non-contracted purchases) to our listeners by just mentioning 'The BOLO Podcast' in stores.
Enter heading here...
Download The BOLO Podcast App
Leave Us A Rating/Review
We would love it if you would go into your podcast app, scroll down to under the Ratings & Reviews, and tap on "Write A Review." Thank you in advance!