4 minutes reading time
"Just What The Doctor Ordered" with Dr. Tina Wang
In this episode of The BOLO Podcast, we spoke with Dr. Tina Wang about holistic medicine and healing treatments. Dr. Wang specializes in regenerative medicine, such as stem cells and PRP, and wellness, physical therapy, exercise, and conditioning. She also works with the military and law enforcement as they improve their tactical strength and conditioning.
Dr. Wang is well versed in intermittent fasting and ketogenic diets.
Mike and Tamrin answered a listener's question about which field of law enforcement they should enter, and Mike gained a new best friend for #teammikeyb.
We talk about the crisis of the Houston floods and how it has left Texas in despair. The officers and first responders in Houston are in need of hygiene products in order to be able to continue to rescue people who are still trapped in their homes.
If you would like to donate to the first responders in Houston, visit assisttheofficer.com.
Summary of the interview with Dr. Tina Wang:
- How to choose what type of profession within law enforcement: Know your ultimate goal, which branch drives your passion, do your research, reach out to us with any questions you have and we can try to help guide you.
- Beware of fake IRS calls threatening to arrest you if they don't receive payment. The IRS will never ask for money over the phone. https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/five-easy-ways-to-spot-a-scam-phone-call
- NOMOROBO is an app that intercepts telemarketing calls. https://www.nomorobo.com
- When donating to flood relief make sure that you are donating to a reputable foundations such as, The Red Cross.
- She follows the eastern philosophy of treating the whole body instead of just focusing on whatever ails you.
- Dr. Wang treats non-operative neuromuscular disorders, brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, sports and work related injuries.
- Tina has a background in dance and music.
- When law enforcement or military personnel come into a doctor's office, they have to treat them like they would treat an athlete.
- As an officer, you must train for the job and maintain physical strength and stamina.
- Nutrition is a key in recovery.
- Doctor's do not have human evidence of intermittent fasting, only basic science research from animal models.
- Intermittent fasting activates human growth hormone and insulin which causes your body to burn fat.
- In animals we are seeing anticancer effects, regenerative effects, and reducing the amount they're eating.
- Tina follows intermittent fasting and a ketogenic diet.
- She recommends intermittent fasting and keto diet to people who don't eat or have trouble eating.
- Know your body type, your goals, and how your body reacts to the plan.
- Trainers and nutritionists should be fully knowledgeable and have personal experience with the plan they are putting on you.
- Keto flu can be a possible side effect of starting a ketogenic diet. Your body may experience flu like symptoms while transitioning from being dependent on glucose.
- Meditation can help you manage anxiety.
- Tamrin experienced an increase in stamina and was able to focus better after adopting a ketogenic nutrition plan.
- Invest in your one body. Find the best people to help you maintain your ONE BODY.
- The mental state will affect your body.
- The Alexander Method is an educational process that attempts to develop the ability to avoid unnecessary muscular tension by retraining physical movement reactions.
- Fascia is a band or sheet of connective tissue, primarily collagen, beneath the skin that attaches, stabilizes, encloses, and separates muscles and other internal organs.
- Fascia causes an appropriate amount of trauma.
- By intermittent fasting, it is reparative and you're cleaning up muscles on a cellular level.
- Working out your muscles causes an appropriate amount of trauma.
- If you inject a joint and are not properly nursing it by stretching and feeding your body properly to recuperate the injury, it won't heal properly and is susceptible to reinjury.
- If searching for a doctor with similar practices to Dr. Tina Wang, look for someone with regenerative practices.
- Center gives you resources to a well rounded group of physicians .
- To follow Dr. Tina Wang at https://www.tupelopointe.com or on Instagram @tupelopointe
- San Bernardino County Sheriff's office in Chino Hills, veteran and long time Deputy Steven Rondina is battling cancer. This father of four has stage four cancer and his Insurance is only covering 6 months of treatment. To donate go to: https://www.gofundme.com/save-my-father-from-cancer
- To view the stretching guide with tutorials go to: https://teamfitforduty.com/stretching
Nutrition/Fitness Tip - Tabatas
This week's nutrition/fitness tip from Kristen Jauregui
Download The BOLO Podcast App
Leave Us A Rating/Review
We would love it if you would go into your podcast app, scroll down to under the Ratings & Reviews, and tap on "Write A Review." Thank you in advance!